Monday, September 3, 2007

Loco En La Cabeza?

Pardon my Spanish, but this really boils my blood! A big thank you to my good friend Rich at Isn't It Rich for bringing this to my attention via Curt's blog at Flopping Aces. I am beyond appalled at the recent words of Mexico President, Calderon! In his State of the nation address, Sunday, Calderon received a standing ovation for this statement.

MEXICO CITY — President Felipe Calderon blasted U.S. immigration policies on Sunday and promised to fight harder to protect the rights of Mexicans in the U.S., saying "Mexico does not end at its borders."

Naturally this would be reciprocal, right? Americans must have "rights" in Mexico too, correct? Not so fast.....that one way street only runs north!

Where is the immediate outrage from the Administration? Again, it looks like we are giving the Mexicans a free pass and letting them take yet another inch which will surely turn it into a mile. Frankly, there is so much more I would like to add here, however, I am restraining myself in deference to civility.

If you can handle this on a Monday morning I suggest reading it while drinking a very strong cup of coffee (code for add something much stronger to it). Get the entire article
here.

For our country's sake, don't let this issue rest! Share your outrage with your friends, neighbors, colleagues and perhaps your President and Congressmen. If we lay down and accept this rhetoric, we will be over run in short order!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Texas, Nuevo México, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado were Mexican States until the U.S. invasion? More than 55% of Mexican country.

They only come back to their lands.

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwww