Sunday, June 10, 2007

Welcome to Brain Sizzle!

Check out Brain Sizzle whenever you feel the need for a little brain workout. Together we can experience and share the free expression of thoughts and ideas. This blog will cover a melange of subjects. My interests are varied so I may write opinions about issues involving politics, business, home and family, history, current events or just a thought or recipe of the day.
By the way, since it is June the 10th, I would be remiss not to mention that today would be my mother's 80th birthday. Ironically, I find myself at the same age of her passing. I now realize just how young she was and what a huge vacancy her passing has left in my life. I often wonder what she would think about the internet, atm machines, bar codes and so many other technical wonders that have come on the scene in the past 25 years.
One thing is for certain as I honor her memory and welcome you to this blog I would like to share this thought with you. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.....that why it's called the present". I hope you will think of each day as being a gift in your lives as well!
I invite your comments (clean and civil please) and active participation. Come back anytime and let your Brain Sizzle!
Until Next Time...
Peg







3 comments:

rich glasgow said...

A hearty welcome to the blogosphere! I look forward to your enlightened and amusing observations. I will most certainly list you among my "blogs of note!" It's about time you found your way here!

TexasFred said...

Rich dropped me an email telling me about this, looks good, you're off to a great start...

If I can be of assistance, just ask...

Fred

Anonymous said...

My dad, Ted Phillips, turned eighty-one on June 6, making him a year older than your mother, Peg. Thank the Lord, Dad is a very healthy "old" Greek dude! My mother, Ruth, passed away in 1998, and he misses her so much. But, Dad is with my sons and me, and is a happy man. It is hard to believe that my father is in his eighties! The mere utterance of his age, really brings home to me the unavoidable fact of MY own advancing years!
However, my brain/mind remains twenty-five years old (an age I REALLY enjoyed), regardless of the fifty-two year-old skull it lives in!

I have enjoyed reading your blogs, Peg, and look forward to more of the same!